POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2011 11:12:26
Message: <4d2f246a@news.povray.org>
On 13/01/2011 03:50 PM, nemesis wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> Now, if they made a device like this with Mathematica installed on it,
>> I'd probably buy it. (It would be like the ultimate graphing
>> calculator.) But as a device for reading books? Nah, I won't bother.
>
> Reading is not your thing and your usual abysmal ignorance shows that.  Point
> taken. ;)

Reading *is* my thing, I'd just prefer to do it using a real, physical
book, that's all. (Plus, while I /like/ reading, I don't get to /do/ it
very often.)

Besides, who wants a system that can delete the books you've paid for at
any time, for no defined reason?

Still, it's not without advantages. (Size and weight being the obvious
ones, but also the ability to enlarge the text to the point that even my
grandparents can read it.) They're just not advances that are especially
important to me.

> That said, it's the only portable device I'd ever buy, aside from the cheapest
> possible cell*phones* and Nintendo's upcoming 3DS.  I don't get it people who
> buy an iPhone to answer calls in the middle of some tense gaming moment or to
> read ebooks in tiny letters... :)

My current phone has a camera in it. I have no idea why. The images it
forms are just barely recognisable.

It also thinks its am MP3 player. I have no idea why. The sound quality
of a 2mm speaker is, obviously, abysmal.

On the other hand, it was the only flip phone I could find in the entire
shop that says "Nokia" on it, so...