POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: 51 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 51
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2011 10:54:19
Message: <4d2f202b$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/01/2011 03:41 PM, Bill Pragnell wrote:

> If you dedicated as much time to learning to catch the diablo as you did to
> analysing the catch stats, you'd probably be on 501 catches by now ;-)

Plausibly, yes.

 From the modelling I've been doing, it looks like once your drop
probability falls below about 10%, small improvements in your catch rate
yield massive improvements in consecutive catch stats.

In other words, the effort required to get from 6 catches to 16 catches
is bigger than the effort to get from 16 to 26. According to simple
mathematical models, at a certain point it should suddenly become easy
to do catch chains of almost limitless size.

I suspect that if you incorporate such factors as limited concentration
time, the reality of the matter is different. ;-) None the less, I'm
excited about the possibilities.

(Now, if only I could get all the *other* stuff right too...)