POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC2: unpredictable artifacts when using the save/load radiosity mechanism : Re: [SOLVED] RC2: unpredictable artifacts when using the save/load radiosity mechanism Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [SOLVED] RC2: unpredictable artifacts when using the save/load radiosity mechanism
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Jan 2011 07:57:21
Message: <4d2ef6b1@news.povray.org>

> Perhaps if radiosity data is loaded, the setting could be turned on
> automatically, if that's what normally should be done anyways. (If
> someone wanted it to be turned off regardless, he could always do it
> explicitly.)

   Having looked now to the wiki docs pointed by Jim, I see now that I
always misunderstood what always_sample was doing... :( It has nothing
to do with the load/save mechanism: it's all about the pretrace step.

   So, it makes sense to keep it turned on when you are NOT using
pretrace on the loading pass, as it is my case. What I don't understand
is why it wasn't giving me random artifacts before the change of the
default value...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia