  Re: Molecular biology
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2011 06:58:42
Message: <4d2ee8f2$1@news.povray.org>
>    The definition of species is related to genetics, not to behaviour.

I disagree.

By human intervention, you can cause all kinds of matings to occur that
would never, ever happen in nature. That does /not/ mean that all
animals are of the same species.

>    The offspring must be fertile. Ligers and tigons aren't.

Apparently it was long thought that ligers and tiglons were infertile,
but apparently they have in a few rare cares produced long-lived offspring.

But in any case, yes, I agree that the offspring must be fertile.