POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mobile phone questions. : mobile phone questions. Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  mobile phone questions.
From: shay
Date: 12 Jan 2011 11:33:44
Message: <4d2dd7e8$1@news.povray.org>
I need a new phone. My old, tiny, justa phone is going dead. A friend
gave me a 2007 "smartphone", which I've been using for a few weeks, but
the old thing has a weak battery, diminished structural integrity, and
no car charger.

I don't have a data plan and don't want one, but I have made extensive
use of the smartphone's calendar and note-taking applications and the
ability to text with useful speed.

Two problems:
I don't want a big phone. And with so many choices out there, I'm having
a Hell of a time finding the useful, small phones with usable (don't
have to hit a key three times to make one letter) keyboards. Any
suggestions? I found the Blackberry Pearl, which leads to my second problem.

T-Mobile apparently doesn't sell the Blackberry Pearl and, even if they
did, would require my purchasing an expensive, useless to me data
package. I have found phones "unlocked" on ebay. Will these "just work"
if I insert my sim card?

  -Shay