POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Diabolo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Diabolo
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Jan 2011 09:07:26
Message: <4d2db59e$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know if I mentioned this already, but... among the shirts and
DVDs I got for Christmas, my little sister bought me a diabolo.

In fact, she bought two:

http://www.oddballs.co.uk/radiant-diabolo-p-3059.html

(The orange/yellow one.)

http://www.oddballs.co.uk/juggle-dream-lunarspin-diabolo-with-light-kit-p-3323.html

(No, it actually looks nothing like that in real life. The LEDs aren't
nearly that bright.)

The idea being that the illuminated diabolo looks fantastic, but you
probably don't want to drop it too many times. So the plain one is for
practise, and the pretty one is for show. (So far, my mother hasn't
actually let me use it at all.)

I also got a pair of very basic wooden block handsticks with yellow
string. (Well, it *was* yellow... now it's a sort of dirty black colour.)

Oh, and an instruction DVD. It's better than diabolotricks.co.uk, but
it's not absolutely fantastic.

Thus far, I'm not doing too badly. I don't have "mad skillz" yet, but I
can just about manage a few basic tricks. (Most of the time...)