8 Oct 2024 21:08:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Molecular biology
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 Jan 2011 02:08:52
Message: <4d2d5384$1@news.povray.org>
Le 11/01/2011 23:35, Darren New a écrit :
> Warp wrote:
>> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

I would ponder to "all massive living organisms".
Bacteria & such would be still be fine.
Can a cloud/colony of bacteria develops as an intelligent
being/population and make something fancy ?

>>> Well, unless they evolved in San Diego. ;-)
>>
>>   The reference is completely lost on me.
>
> Water outside doesn't freeze in San Diego. It rarely goes below freezing
> here, let alone long enough to make water freeze solid outdoors.

If you compress it hard enough, even in San Diego, even oxygen could
freeze...

Water is paradoxal in that at high pressure the more compact form is
liquid rather than solid.