POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think not everything is quantized : Re: I think not everything is quantized Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think not everything is quantized
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jan 2011 12:26:07
Message: <4d2c92af@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   But if there is no lower limit (greater than zero) then it's not
> quantized. A quantized system would have an exact minimum amount, and all
> other amounts would be exact multiples of that minimum.

Not necessarily. A photon can have arbitrarily close to zero energy, but
it's still a quantum photon. You still never get half a photon.

In any case, as I said, I don't understand the math at that level, except to
know there's something funky going on.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: