  Re: Molecular biology
From: Warp
Date: 11 Jan 2011 09:08:58
Message: <4d2c6479@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   (I read somewhere that recently Barack Obama decided to announce the
> > National Day of Prayer, or something like that,

> The "national day of prayer" has been around since we were fighting the
> godless communists (I kid you not) in the 1950's, passed by Congress at the
> time. That's the same time we got "under god" added to "one nation under
> god" in the pledge of allegiance.  Given that Obama keeps referring to
> atheists in all his speeches (which ticks off the religious folks) I would
> guess (without a cite) this is at least as much a lie as half the other
> things said about him.

  Well, perhaps this will do for a citation:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/prayerday.asp

"Observances of the National Day of Prayer took place throughout the
U.S. in 2009 and again in 2010. The status of the National Day of
Prayer is currently somewhat uncertain, though, as on 15 April 2010 a
federal judge ruled in favor of a challenge brought by the Freedom
from Religion Foundation and held that the National Day of Prayer is
unconstitutional. The Obama administration was actually the defendant
in that suit, arguing in favor of retaining the National Day of
Prayer."

--
                                                          - Warp