  Re: Molecular biology
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jan 2011 05:07:06
Message: <4d2c2bca$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/01/2011 06:05 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> The fundamental difference between ST and ID, of course, is that ST
>> has a realistic possibility of becoming testable some day soon. ID
>> does not.
>
> ID is testable. It just failed the tests. But it's certainly testable.

ID is not testable. It's so vague that any time someone falsifies it,
the proponents can just claim that the theory says something slightly
different, and hence is not falsified.

Now, if ID supplied some actual details - who the designer was, why they
went to all this trouble, when the designing happened, how the designer
could do something that we cannot, etc. - then there would be some
danger of finally nailing it to the floor.

Don't hold your breath...