  Re: Molecular biology
From: Warp
Date: 10 Jan 2011 14:46:51
Message: <4d2b622b@news.povray.org>
> > Be that as it may, I am against the teaching of life's origins on the
> > public dime, because it is a matter of public debate,

> No it's not.

  Just read a funny anecdote of what happens when things are considered
"a matter of public debate":

"In Brockport, N.Y, in 1887, M.C. Flanders argued the case of a flat
Earth for three nights against two scientific gentlemen defending
sphericity. Five townsmen chosen as judges voted unanimously for a
flat Earth at the end."

  You can really come up with "proofs" of any argument you want. For example
in 1864 an author named William Carpenter published a book named "Theoretical
Astronomy Examined and Exposed - Proving the Earth not a Globe", and later
in 1885 another book named "A hundred proofs the Earth is not a Globe". He
was being serious.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

--
                                                          - Warp