POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Whoot! First video game : Re: Whoot! First video game Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whoot! First video game
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jan 2011 12:58:19
Message: <4d2b48bb$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Well, technically, it's already a Windows version as well. You just need
>> to install the compiler to get enough of the runtime.
>
> When you use the "Publish" option from VS, doesn't it make an installer
> with the correct code to download and install necessary runtimes?

It is supposed to, yes. I understand there were some bugs in the 3.1
installer in that respect, and I've never really banged on it hard enough to
make one of those work.

> I wrote a simple "InputManager" class to allow games to map multiple
> physical controls from multiple devices to a single action in-game.  The
> digital bit works fine, but I never got around to finishing off the
> analogue part.  My idea was to be able to mark a particular logical
> control as "analogue", then if you mapped a digital physical control to
> it, it would work in an analogue way (with adjustable sensitivity etc).
>  I needed that for the steering of vehicles in my game.

Yeah, I just haven't needed to do that on my game, since I hadn't really
planned to release a PC version anyway.  All the code to support such a
thing is there.

> IMO the PS3 would be better for POV,

Almost undoubtably. I just saw an announcement of FreeBSD released for the
creacked-PS3.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: