  Re: Molecular biology
From: John VanSickle
Date: 10 Jan 2011 10:51:57
Message: <4d2b2b1d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/7/2011 1:05 PM, Darren New wrote:
> I'm not sure why you have a job in IT instead of a job in teaching.

I taught computer literacy to fifteen-year-olds.

Teaching requires, in addition to subject matter competency, skill in
classroom management and lesson planning and presentation.  I was hired
having a CIS degree, but with no training in the other areas.  If you
don't know what to watch for, the kids will go crazy.  Toss in the kids
who weren't raised right (for whatever reason), and the situation
becomes unmanageable.

Additionally, a typical school teacher takes an enormous amount of work
home.  That takes its toll as well.

I quit after seven months.  My replacement worked for less than two
years before moving on as well.

Regards,
John