  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Jan 2011 14:13:06
Message: <4d2a08c2@news.povray.org>
On 1/8/2011 7:38 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> The only problem with that is, it would have to only be non-logically
>> consistent on a very small scale, since, otherwise, there is no
>> evidence this would be the case. It also runs into the whole mess that
>> *no* one, neither scientists, nor the religious (who love this
>> argument as an "in" for their "faith"), would have any damn clue what
>> is going on.
>
> I'd love to address your points, if I could understand what you're saying.

?? I am saying, if the universe isn't logically consistent than science
would have to be wrong on a huge scale, but the morons that use that as
an excuse to claim anything else is better wouldn't have a leg to stand
on either. You would need to.. have an inconsistent universe, which
never the less, managed to be consistent on the large scale only. Like..
statistically stable, but completely unstable on the basic level.

Mind, this wouldn't preclude it being consistent, it would only mean
that events where not predictable on the smallest scale, but that the
law of averages/big numbers both made it consistent once you had enough
events to look at.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {