POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "out of memory" error during render in RC2 : Re: "out of memory" error during render in RC2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "out of memory" error during render in RC2
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Jan 2011 11:30:02
Message: <4d29e28a@news.povray.org>
On 10/01/2011 03:22, stevenvh wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to render an image at 19050x7620 resolution in v3.7 RC2. The image
> has radiosity, so the rendering takes some iterations. After some 40% of the
> last iteration (pixel level) it stops with an "out of memory" error.
> Is there a way to increase memory, like by some parameter in an ini-file, so I
> can render the image completely?
> TIA
> Steven
>
> I'm running v3.7 RC2 under Windows XP on a 4GB RAM machine.

RC2 has a memory indicator in the status bar just to the right of the
messages. Did you happen to notice what that was showing during the render
(especially towards the end?).

I probably ought to add code to print the memory stats even if a render
fails; currently, they're only printed if it succeeds. In cases like this
it would definitely have been worth having this info as I can't say without
knowing how much of your machine's physical resources it was using.

-- Chris