POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help on twisted prims : Re: help on twisted prims Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help on twisted prims
From: Alain
Date: 8 Jan 2011 18:53:51
Message: <4d28f90f$1@news.povray.org>

> Can some one help me on the povray code to make the following solid:
> A rectangle defined on the xz plane (with two opposite corners<-h,0,-m>  and
> <h,0,m>)
> is sweeped (by a thickness e) and rotated (by an angle a) along the y axis.
>
> Regards,
> Paulo Mota

As ther is no twisted primitive and no twisting transformation, you
ether need to use an isosurface as Florian mentioned, or use some
external modeler to create a mesh of your twisted prism.

You can also do an approximation by stacking many very thin normal
prisms, each slightly rotated relative to the one under it.

Alain