  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Jan 2011 17:20:34
Message: <4d28e332$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/8/2011 11:24 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> like reversable instructions (the idea being that its less costly to
>> "undo" some things, in terms of heat and power use, than to completely
>> replicate an entire set of processes, when only one step in the whole
>> process differs),
>
> FWIW, that's not at all what reversible computing is about. Reversible
> computing is a necessary prelude to quantum computing.

Actually, no, its not, really. The article I read on the subject was
*purely* as a means to reduce the amount of switching needed, to reduce
power usage and heat. It was an "alternate" design to existing ones,
which would allow more speed, but at less cost. What, if anything, it
had to do with quantum computing, from that article, would be rather
unclear, since it quite literally never mentioned it at all.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {