  Re: Molecular biology
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jan 2011 13:26:41
Message: <4d28ac61$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have been thinking that perhaps trying to find a unifying model is
> futile because gravity and quantum mechanics are *not* related to each
> other.

I sometimes argue that perhaps the universe is not logically consistent, in
exactly this sense, and I usually get shouted down. Maybe there isn't any
mathematical way to describe everything in the universe, and depending on
what you measure, you will *always* have errors due to the fundamental
nature of the universe.

Granted, I often raise this in the context of "scientists have faith that
this isn't the case", in the sense that it would be very unlikely a smart
scientist would give up looking, ever, for that elusive theory that applies
everywhere.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: