  Re: Molecular biology
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2011 04:07:54
Message: <4d28296a@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> I think, unfortunately, for something this fundamental to the structure
> of everything, and poorly understood enough that we don't even 100% know
> what we *should* be looking for, its a pure toss up as to if it produces
> something that isn't coincidental. But, I don't know anything close to
> enough about it to know if there is a reason to assume otherwise, or not.

  I have been thinking that perhaps trying to find a unifying model is
futile because gravity and quantum mechanics are *not* related to each
other. They are two completely independent and distinct features which
just happen to co-exist in the same universe. They can *affect* each
other, but the laws that govern each one are distinct and independent.

  If there are multiple universes, perhaps there are universes where
there is no gravity at all, and others where there is no QM at all.

--
                                                          - Warp