  Re: Molecular biology
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2011 04:02:35
Message: <4d28282a@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > This is a rather fair assumption
> > to make because it's the result of a measurement

> Actually, I believe einstein hypothesized that because Maxwell's equations
> (amongst others) had it down as a constant.

  What I meant is that if you were to deduce the Lorentz transformations
now (eg. for an article on relativity), you can refer to experiments such
as the famous Michelson-Morley experiment (which predates special relativity
by almost 20 years). Even if Einstein had never even heard of such an
experiment (which I really find hard to believe, but whatever), it doesn't
really matter. It's still a fair assumption to make because of that and
many other experiments.

--
                                                          - Warp