  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jan 2011 22:23:56
Message: <4d27d8cc$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/7/2011 3:03 PM, clipka wrote:
> Or maybe they just don't want to notice. The ID adherents might not want
> their God to use evolutionary design because they don't want him to be
> efficient (why should a God use an efficient method if he has infinite
> knowledge and power at his disposal?), or because they're stuck too deep
> in defensive mode against evolution already, and the other side might
> prefer to outright falsify ID, rather than make a point that ID taken as
> a serious science doesn't contradict evolution anyway so why the heck
> should it be taught as an /alternatve/ to evolution.

This isn't the real problem. The real problem is that those who support
it **do not want a result that contradicts the idea that the first part
of the Bible is literally true**. The Vatican recently mumbled something
about how they believe, "god created the big bang." The answer of one of
the *major* proponents of the, "youngish earth, AiG, ID is real", dear
old Ken Ham, had to this was, roughly, "If the big bang happened, then
genesis would need to be wrong, or allegory, but if it was wrong, then
the first 'marriage' would be false, sin wouldn't be real, etc., and it
would fundamentally destroy everything from Christianity itself, to the
sanctity of heterosexual marriage. Therefor, the Pope is wrong!"

Its the first case of actual logic I have seen from the man. Yes Ken, if
Genesis, which is the basis of virtually every bit of bullshit
moralizing, persecution, and evil your religion has, or continues, to
institute, was wrong, so would your entire religion. Congratulations on
proving you can follow logic, even if you completely fail at accepting
its conclusions. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {