  Re: Molecular biology
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jan 2011 15:59:24
Message: <4d277eac$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> And it's /still/ not science. You know why? No testable predictions. Not
>>> a single damned one. There is no possible experiment, even
>>> hypothetically, which would prove or disprove string theory.
>
>> This is no longer true.
>
>   Can you mention some predictions and tests of string theory?

GIYF.  I can't follow the math, but
http://www.universetoday.com/72531/scientists-say-they-can-now-test-string-theory/

http://www.physorg.com/news88786651.html

http://www.physorg.com/news202553083.html

Googling "string theory test" brings up a bunch, but I haven't looked at
many of them. Indeed, I myself thought it was a fundamental attribute of
string theory that it could describe every possible set of physical laws, or
some such.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: