POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Whoot! First video game : Re: Whoot! First video game Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whoot! First video game
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jan 2011 12:27:41
Message: <4d274d0d$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
> Are you going to make a windows version as well so we can try it  out?

Well, technically, it's already a Windows version as well. You just need to
install the compiler to get enough of the runtime. My next task is upgrading
the compiler to the latest version (since people are starting to release
games with the new compiler and the old compiler won't deal with the forward
compatibility), after which I might very well take the time to #ifdef in
Windows support.

> Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to port Pov-Ray to X-Box ;)

With lots and lots of work.  The amateur xbox games have to be written in
C#, not C++. And there isn't a whole lot of memory on the xbox (512M if I
remember?)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: