POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Unable to compile 3.7.0.RC2 : Re: Unable to compile 3.7.0.RC2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unable to compile 3.7.0.RC2
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 7 Jan 2011 09:56:43
Message: <4d2729ab$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/07/2011 10:35 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>>> It also compiles fine here with Fedora 14 at first try... I didn't
>>> even need to specify "--with-boost-thread" this time
>>
>> just built out of the code repository and the boost configure
>> directive doesn't seem to be required anymore ... must have been the
>> include that Chris added ... but hey (ha-ha) given my track record as
>> of late I won't go to the bank with that!
>>

>   I'm sorry, but as usual I talked too soon: make did fail. Finally I
> had to specify:
>
>   --with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt
>
>   for it to compile, so it must have nothing to do with the missing
> include.
>
>   Regards,

I suppose that I'd expect that you would have to as his change went in
last evening after posting the RC2 linux source ... or so it would seem.

I did however see an odd error when I did a sync with the code
repository ... ~source/unix/configure.ac was writable and perforce
issued a warning about not being able to clobber that file. chmod 444 on
the file and I was able to pull the new file.

After doing make distclean I did prebuild.sh (because i'm building
direct in my local version of repository on my system) in the unix
directory, but I'm seeing some warnings (unfamiliar) that urge me to do
autoupdate. So for whatever it's worth it DID build without the boost
configure directive. Hmmmmm