POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cannot recognize defined object / help, please : Re: cannot recognize defined object / help, please Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cannot recognize defined object / help, please
From: clipka
Date: 6 Jan 2011 20:55:08
Message: <4d26727c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.01.2011 23:10, schrieb Robert Baer:

>    Declared variables now do not pass between .ini and .inc; worse a declared
> variable gets reset to zero inside the .inc .

>        #declare PN=4006;   // Frame "U"<--NOTE DEFINED!!!!
>
> // U-bar modified with look-up table by product number PN
>   #declare A=0; #declare B=0; #declare C= 0.; #declare Angle=0;  // default zero
> aize
>   #declare Shl=0; #declare Crv=0;                                // default zero
> aize
>    #debug concat("Start search; PN=", str(B,9,3), "\n")

If you want to output PN, then why do you output B ?! ;-)

> ** SNIP
>    Debug file "true" (no other name possible) shows that PN=0 !!

>    Furthermore POVray barfs on undefined variable Ulong in Tank.inc .
>    How can i fix this?

By defining it /before/ you include the file??

But from the code I guess you'll also want more than one "U-bar" in the
long run anyway, with different lengths - your current code cannot
accomplish that anyway. You should have a look at POV-Ray's macro
mechanism for that. Essentially, macros are the only way in POV-Ray to
"pre-define" anything without specifying all the parameters beforehand.