POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Assumed_gamma in RC1 : Re: Assumed_gamma in RC1 Server Time
30 Jun 2024 18:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assumed_gamma in RC1
From: Chris Cason
Date: 5 Jan 2011 19:23:20
Message: <4d250b78@news.povray.org>
On 6/01/2011 11:07, Stephen wrote:
> Everyone knows that the best copper comes from Olympic Dam (SA) where it
> is refined by burying it in beetroot for 3 years, smelted with roo dung,
> quenched with VB and drawn into strands by wallabies then left in the
> cludgie to get insulated.

nah, no-one would believe that, look, the yanks don't even put beetroot on
their burgers, they'd never accept it's used to purify their copper.

the fact is, the *best* copper comes from asteroids. now, being that we
can't quite yet go sailing out to one to get the buggers back ere, we're
constrained to getting it, grain by grain, from bits of said rocks that
have happened to fall to earth as meteors - which, due to their rarity,
explains why Best Buy is able to get away with charging >$2000 for HDMI cables.

after all, no-one would actually *pay* that much for a cable if there
wasn't a really good reason.

right?