POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Warp
Date: 3 Jan 2011 12:42:57
Message: <4d220aa0@news.povray.org>
> andrel wrote:
> > I can only assume that you put quotes on "elite" to show that you
> > actually don't mean the rich but the people with the best training.

> I read "elite" as meaning "people who actually are better."  Like the NFL
> football players are elite, usually not only because they got better
> football training.

  That's what I meant. Some people *are* more intelligent than others,
some people *are* more competent than others, some people *are* physically
more proficient than others, no matter how "unfair" that might feel. Rather
than trying to shut down these "elite" people, the system should try to
benefit from these individuals so that the whole society gets some benefit
(usually in the form of progress).

> What I failed to understand was why Warp brought up *this* subject at all.
> It seems completely at odds with the conversation so far.

  It was a tangent written as a response to what Patrick wrote.

--
                                                          - Warp