POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Internal limit exceeded in FixedSimpleVector : Re: Internal limit exceeded in FixedSimpleVector Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internal limit exceeded in FixedSimpleVector
From: Hexcoder
Date: 3 Jan 2011 04:15:07
Message: <4d21939b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.12.2010 18:40, schrieb RM:
> When i try to render a scene in version 3.6.1 it works.
>
> When i try to render the same scene using 3.7 beta 41 the render will abort
> about half way through with the message "Internal limit exceeded in
> FixedSimpleVector"
>
> I am running this on the 64 bit version of fedora 14.
>
> What causes this error?

You are hitting the currently hard coded limit of 127 light sources in
the workaround code of file backend\interior\media.cpp (lines 695 and 696).

> Are there any workarounds?

1. You could raise the hard coded limit in the above lines and recompile
2. or (preferred) you could fix the code beginning at line 727, so we
don't need the workaround code with hard coded limits anymore.

> Could the error message be rewritten to indicate which object(s) are causing the
> problem?

Too many light sources are triggering this. It will probably not be
rewritten, since it is only "workaround code".

Happy new year,
hexcoder