POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Error compiling beta 41 in Ubuntu : Re: Error compiling beta 41 in Ubuntu Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:51:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error compiling beta 41 in Ubuntu
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 1 Jan 2011 06:23:19
Message: <4d1f0ea7@news.povray.org>
> Well, I thought it was an unclosed parentheses...
>
> I compared the current version with the two previous, and it seems that the
> function definition for povray_init has changed from
>
> void povray_init(POVMSAddress *addr = NULL);

> boost::thread *povray_init(const boost::function0<void>& threadExit,
> POVMSAddress *addr = NULL);

It's a mac's story...
Have you installed libboost-thread-dev package ?

> I have to admit I'm a little out of my depth here, I know hardly anything about
> the boost libraries, and nothing at all about using threads.
>
> At any rate, this would not appear to be a problem my skills can debug, so I
> leave it to the experts.

Attached is my boost matching packages.
I compiled beta 41 fine a few days ago.
(And it has expired now, as we are 2011-01-01).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'capture.png' (50 KB)

Preview of image 'capture.png'