POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old tools... : Old tools... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Old tools...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Dec 2010 17:03:21
Message: <4d166a29$1@news.povray.org>
Could, I suppose, have put this in some place else, but.. I am planing
to give my local library an old copy of Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray,
but I would like to tack in a CD with updated copies of the application,
as well as the tools used in the book. The problem is the later... Other
than fractint, almost none of these things even exist any more. Heck, I
don't even remember what some did, or why..

So.. While I could just copy off the old DOS ones to the CD (yuck!),
does anyone have idea what would be good replacements, which wouldn't be
hard to adapt from the book, for these:

Raw2POV
VP2POV
CRender (Actually kind of miss this one myself.)
CMapper
FRGen
LParser (Yeah, know you can do it "in" POV-Ray, but..)
CTDS (Connect the Dots Smoother)

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {