POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 23 Dec 2010 15:46:18
Message: <4d13b51a$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/22/2010 2:46 PM, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Thanks for the explanation, I hope I can remember.
>
> No problem. Sorry if it came across a bit sarcastic. I thought at first
> I was replying to Patrick's use of the word, who, being American, I
> would have thought knew the phrase "public defender." :-)

Wasn't thinking in those terms when I wrote it, so ended up kind of
lumping in several different groups. But, same issue stands. The ones
doing it for free *or* in the pay of a group dedicated to supporting
causes, tend to be slandered quite regularly by right wingers. The
"public defenders" tend to have stupid huge case loads, not always have
the best resources, or skills, may end up with cases they never had
before, and don't know how to handle as well, and are probably *merely*
the best option, only if you don't know enough to try to depend
yourself, in some cases, which, generally means nearly everyone.

System is badly broken, in a lot of ways, and not just due to the
simultaneous ramping up of morons on one side trying to screw you, or
jail you over issues they probably shouldn't, and morons on the other
side suing over every imaginary offense, while important stuff gets
dragged out for months, or even years.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {