POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : any hidden line rendering api? : Re: any hidden line rendering api? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any hidden line rendering api?
From: Warp
Date: 23 Dec 2010 10:21:59
Message: <4d136917@news.povray.org>
optima <jes### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I dont understand how other kitchen design applications do it. Cause all
> interior design apps I saw have different viewing modes. One of them is
> hiddenlines(at least 20-20 calls it that, it may have other names too).

> http://www.kitchendesigned.com/tmp/textured_render.jpg

> http://www.kitchendesigned.com/tmp/hidden_line_render.jpg

  I'm wondering if the term you are seeking is "wireframe", which is
a common concept in modelers, many renderers and computer graphics APIs
(such as OpenGL and DirectX). In other words, just render the polygon edges
(or certain polygon edges in some cases) rather than full-blown shaded
polygons.

  POV-Ray doesn't support wireframe rendering because of mainly two reasons:
It can only be done feasibly to objects consisting of polygons, and wireframe
rendering is a completely independent and separate drawing method from
raytracing. POV-Ray only supports raytracing.

--
                                                          - Warp