POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Dec 2010 16:11:10
Message: <4d12696e$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 22-12-2010 19:28, Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> probono case
>>
>> I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
> Could be I am not a lawyer and not living there. I meant a case where
> the defendant is assigned a lawyer that he doesn't have to pay. I though
> that Patrick was referring to that sort of case.
> The Dutch term is 'pro deo' (for god).

"pro bono" means "for free". The lawyer does work without getting paid, out
of the goodness of his heart, or because he feels strongly about the case,
or he wants to make a name, or whatever. He volunteers his time for his own
reasons.

The lawyer that gets assigned to your case when you can't afford one is paid
by the government, and that's often their full-time job. The job is
called "public defender."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: