POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Dec 2010 16:08:40
Message: <4d1268d8$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> If you wear a T-shirt into a
>> government building that implies you're an atheist, you get kicked out.
>
>   How can they do that? Isn't it a blatant violation of basic rights?
>
>> And the first amendment is pretty much the only one that people really pay
>> much attention to any more.
>
>   I thought the second amendment was also a big deal there.

That's more a regional thing as to how respected that is. A great number of
states have laws enforcing onerous restrictions on firearms. Other states
say "Hey, he looked at you funny, feel free to shoot him."  Lots of people
argue about it, but it doesn't wind up getting supported quite as well as
the whole freedom of speech thing.

Of course, this might change with the wikileaks fiasco also.

>> And this is exactly my point, that I can't seem to explain to you.
>
>   I don't understand what that has anything to do with the previous
> discussion.

Hence my assertion. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)