POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Dec 2010 21:17:15
Message: <4d115fab@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2010 12:13 PM, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> Put it this way: if your hate speech targets only people too poor to afford
>> lawyers, how likely are you to be forced to stop?
>
>    That's a question of economy, not a question of human rights.
>
>    I thought even in the US all people are entitled to legal counsel
> regardless of income. (Also, I don't know how it's there, but here if
> you win you don't pay anything. The loser pays the winner's lawyer fees.)

Entitled, yes. Best, effective, or even timely, not so much. A lot of
them won't work probono, and the ones that do often have *massive* case
loads, or work for organizations that are pretty much constantly
vilified for being too liberal, activist, or not on the side of the
assholes and ethically defective (i.e., the ones with money, power, and
therefor, on the "right side", in the minds of those with similar money
and power).

It doesn't do you a lot of good if you have to wait 3 years for a trial,
because Snoop Dog's appointment to argue whether or not his latest Ho
get the TV or not is ***so much more*** important than a civil rights
case, or the injury done to someone living in subsisted housing.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();