POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Dec 2010 11:24:58
Message: <4d10d4da@news.povray.org>
On 21/12/2010 3:22 PM, andrel wrote:
> On 21-12-2010 14:47, Stephen wrote:
>> On 20/12/2010 11:22 PM, andrel wrote:
>>>

>> We think so but prefer to say it started in Britian. :-P
>
> Actually it didn't. It started with windmills in the area that I live in ;)

long before the industrial revolution. And to add insult to injury, the
fantail which turns the windmill into the wind was invented by an
Englishman in 1745.

>>> I cannot date when William of Orange lived to within one or two
>>> centuries, Napoleon wasn't that a French general? etc.
>>>

>> They both had a profound influence on British culture and history so we
>> know a bit about them.
>
> See, precisely my point. (only I meant the first one, the founder of our
> dynasty, so it might not be my point. But I do not know which William is
> the one that you probably mean, so I win in the end)

I meant William III or King Billy not William the silent. And if you
know which one I meant then you refute your point hence I win.

>>> Yet I think are still
>>> better than the others because we have a much longer experience with it.
>>> (Or have we?)
>>
>> Do you?
>
> how can I know? I know nothing about what happened in the past. [go back
> to 20/12/2010 23:27 and repeat].

I must admit to making an assumption with what you wrote as it did not

Dutch]  are still better than the others because we have a much longer

Or you might have meant "we", older people.

--
Regards
     Stephen