POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am convinced... : Re: I am convinced... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am convinced...
From: scott
Date: 21 Dec 2010 04:41:15
Message: <4d10763b$1@news.povray.org>
>> If it went far enough, people would send out "here's a zip file with the
>> password xyz. Unpack it with that password, rename hello.jpg to hello.exe,
>> and run it to get an important message from your bank" and someone would do it.
>
>    Didn't seem to be such a problem in the unix world.

Because there are a tiny number of unix users who would follow
instructions such as "you must run this attachment as admin to regain
access to your bank account" from a random email.  Yet there are
probably thousands of windows users who would simply run the attachment
and click "Yes" when asked exactly the same question by the OS.  If you
were a virus writer wanting to make money, which platform would you target?