POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Dec 2010 22:50:16
Message: <4d0c2f78$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2010 6:06 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Sometimes, the only correct response to this BS is to open your salvo
>> with, "This is all frakking bullshit, and I am not going to be nice
>> about it!" ;)
>
> Saw this earlier today. The first half had me laughing at just how
> obnoxiously it was phrased. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4dSiHqpULk

Recent article from, I think, the Times, or one of those, centered on
how, unlike some religions, evangelicals tend to embrace technology. My
comment was, "Sure, just like barbarians embrace the use of books for
use as foot rests (or maybe toilet paper would have been a better
anology), someone who conquers a country whose national animal was a
herd of specific deer, or the like, by sending one to every copatriot,
freshly mounted for display, and certain terrorists embrace cell phone
technology." The point is never to understand the sciences, its to
employ those which give them a means to spread the faith, even if they
later, having won, reject the very thing they used to do so, and their
***entire*** intent is to get rid of any and all of it they don't like,
just as soon as they can. Much like creating a 100% museum 'like'
edifice to promote young earth creationism, because museums give the
*suggestion* of authority, while wanting to erase any museum with the
wrong art, or insufficient reverence to mythology), or one builds an
"Ark" theme park, not with the intent of replicating something like
Epcot, but rather the Pinocchio right at Disney Land, but *claiming*
that it is Epcot.

They don't respect any of it, they hate most of it, they would just as
soon be rid of any of it that wasn't convenient for their own ends, etc.
Its the village idiot using a surgical laser to snuff ants, because they
don't believe in surgery, but its so nice for burning ants that they
can't *quite* decide to just get rid of the device entirely. Its still
useful see. Its only the completely useless stuff you throw out, like
heart transplants (thanks Brewer!).

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {