POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Warp
Date: 17 Dec 2010 13:25:14
Message: <4d0bab0a@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan <fee### [at] festercom> wrote:
> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> writes:

> > Neeum Zawan wrote:
> >> My impression too - it's preaching to the choir.
> >
> > I wouldn't say *that*.  I imagine there are many people who believe in
> > germs but might get conned into not believing in germs if some authority
> > figure told them it was up in the air, simply because this denialism
> > hasn't been so newsworthy.

> Yes, but I don't see them being convinced otherwise by this video.

  It's a question of prevention. When you know that the denialism
phenomenon exists, it doesn't catch you by surprise if someone tries
to sell it to you. Sometimes if something like this catches you by
surprise and you are not experienced enough in recognizing pseudoscience,
conspiracy theories and denialism, you might get lured into believing it.

--
                                                          - Warp