POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very slow texture: any ideas on speeding it up? : Re: Very slow texture: any ideas on speeding it up? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very slow texture: any ideas on speeding it up?
From: Slime
Date: 16 Dec 2010 22:15:20
Message: <4d0ad5c8$1@news.povray.org>
> Well it certainly is a complex texture, but I'd
 > tend to blame it on the blurred reflection
 >
 >> normal {
 >> wrinkles 0.1
 >> scale 0.00001
 >> }

What are your anti-aliasing settings? With a texture like this, you'll
get a lot of oversampling, especially if you're using AA method 2. I
would increase the scale of that normal as much as possible. (Also, at a
scale that small, you probably don't need as much detail as the wrinkles
pattern provides.)

  - Slime