POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Germ Theory Denialism : Re: Germ Theory Denialism Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Germ Theory Denialism
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Dec 2010 12:35:46
Message: <4d0a4df2$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 16/12/2010 4:12 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> Needs more professional voice-over,
>
> I thought that the voice was fine.

Well, the recording itself could be better. Less gasping breathing, don't
overload the microphone, etc. It wasn't the voice so much as the fact that
he bobbled a few sentences that if it were a professional video would have
been re-recorded.  The voice wasn't unpleasant. The performance was
excellent for a youtube video, but wouldn't stand for (say) a television
documentary.

Bobbled at 3m04s, bad breath break at 3m24s, bobbled at 3m37s, etc.
Something that you'd certainly never worry about if you were listening to
someone live (or free). Basically, he's trying to read and perform at the
same time, not always reading far enough ahead to know where the "verbal
commas" go, which professionals get around by only recording a handful of
sentences at a time.

Since I don't know why Neeum is asking, I'm pointing out trivial stuff as
well as any of the bigger things I notice.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: