POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx : Re: Build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx Server Time
7 May 2024 22:51:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Dec 2010 15:22:30
Message: <4d092386$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15/12/2010 21:06, xoros nous fit lire :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx snow leopard, but it doesn't
> work.
> "./configure" works without any problems, but "make" always produces the
> following error:
>
> .../../source/backend/support/task.h:184: error: thread-local storage not
> supported for this target

More clue in source/backend/frame.h
(in lines 1890+)

// platform-specific headers should have provided
DECLARE_THREAD_LOCAL_VARIABLE.
// if not, rather than generate an error, we will default to useing the
common
// __thread-style declaration. if your compiler throws an error on this
declaration,
// you'll need to fix your platform-specific config to provide a means
to declare
// thread-local variables. support for TLS is required for efficient
access by the
// render threads to their stats and cache data.
#ifndef DECLARE_THREAD_LOCAL_PTR
#define DECLARE_THREAD_LOCAL_PTR(ptrType, ptrName)       __thread
ptrType *ptrName;
#endif

But I'm afraid your compiler/os does not support per thread variables
(or if it does, it need to be instrumented in configure... )