POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobs to mesh conversion? : Re: Blobs to mesh conversion? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs to mesh conversion?
From: clipka
Date: 14 Dec 2010 17:34:39
Message: <4d07f0ff$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.12.2010 21:00, schrieb Christian Froeschlin:

>> Note that if the blob is very "dense", with many blobs affecting any
>> given point of the surface, this will give a huge list of textures &
>> weights, which is /not/ filtered for duplicates.
>
> Hmm ... but I expect to provoke this problem you need to assign
> individual textures to each component, so with one snow/ice texture
> applied to a blob it would be ok?

Yes; but as he's talking about the problem of reproducing the "blobbing"
of textures if moving to a mesh-based version, I presume he does assign
individual textures.

If only one of the textures is transparent, it might be worth trying to
assign the transparent texture to the blob as a whole, and the
non-transparent texture(s) to individual blob elements.