POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobs to mesh conversion? : Re: Blobs to mesh conversion? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs to mesh conversion?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 14 Dec 2010 15:00:58
Message: <4d07ccfa@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Somehow, this picture must be wrong: POV-Ray 3.7 doesn't output single
> pixels ;-)

as far as I can tell he didn't yet get the macro to work with 3.7 ;)

> Note that if the blob is very "dense", with many blobs affecting any
> given point of the surface, this will give a huge list of textures &
> weights, which is /not/ filtered for duplicates.

Hmm ... but I expect to provoke this problem you need to assign
individual textures to each component, so with one snow/ice texture
applied to a blob it would be ok?

--
Zen for renderers: If a single pixel gets rendered in the forest,
but no one is there to see, does it get anti-aliasing?