POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobs to mesh conversion? : Re: Blobs to mesh conversion? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs to mesh conversion?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 14 Dec 2010 10:36:12
Message: <4d078eec@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Entropy] wrote:

> It has taken 4 days to render 1 pixel that I am now looking at. :(

no slight intended but somehow this statement made my day.

I can just see you admiring the beauty of this one precious pixel ;)

Seriously, I wonder why the texture has such an immense impact
on your render time. The only cause I can think of is an extreme
recursion because all your snow and ice stuff is probably reflective
and irregularily shaped. But that problem would persist even if you
manage to convert it to a mesh.