POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I haven't read the entire paper yet, but the analogies are rather apt : Re: I haven't read the entire paper yet, but the analogies are ratherapt Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I haven't read the entire paper yet, but the analogies are ratherapt
From: clipka
Date: 11 Dec 2010 15:29:20
Message: <4d03df20$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.12.2010 12:26, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

> In spite of the insane popularity of her books, there are apparently a
> significant number of people who assert that they aren't very good. (And
> not just the radical Christian sects who assert that any magic without
> reference to God is the work of Satan...)

I've never read them (nor did I see any of the movies). I too heard tell
that the books were rather bad, but my father insists that while the
German translation sucks, the English original is actually quite good
(he's a retired English teacher, and none too easily impressed by any
"hype", so he may be a comparatively credible witness after all).