POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: clipka
Date: 10 Dec 2010 06:32:41
Message: <4d020fd9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.12.2010 11:30, schrieb optima:

> I included 2 pov files one with, one without radiosity. Of course I get 2
> different results. Which is nice but just a few minor(maybe major) glitches
> remain to achieve more of povray's true potential.

Unfortunately, the files don't render (missing include files), and the
bmp files included don't seem to match your problem description (I don't
see any signs of radiosity in what claims to be the output of the
radiosity version, for instance).

> 1- the wall to the right is dark, how can this be corrected? I tried using
>     shadowless keyword, this caused more problems eg. taking phong and shineness
>     away, leaving a matt and dull looking picture. Without shadowless some areas
>     remain in the dark. Should I use more than one light?

Most importantly you should place your light someplace where it will
illuminate the whole room. If you cannot, then feel free to use as many
light sources as you like. (Make sure however to reduce them in
brightness as you add more.)

> 2- the sink could be made look more metallic, how can this be achieved? Is my
>     usage of METAL5.jpg correct for this purpose? I want metals to look like
>     metals, not grayish. Like the metals I see in Jaime's renderings.

For metallic surfaces, using "reflection { 1.0 metallic }" should get
you started. Make sure you have something to be reflected in the scene.

> 2- the painting on the wall looks like it lost some of its shininess or
>     ambience value same maybe true for cabinet doors since they use jpegs too.

Is the painting behind glass? In that case, you may experience a known
bug of POV-Ray 3.6.