POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 : Re: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 Server Time
1 May 2024 07:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7
From: Alain
Date: 9 Dec 2010 17:37:39
Message: <4d015a33$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain<aze### [at] qwertyorg>  wrote:

>>> I installed Pov-ray 3.7 and with some little changes on code I got this render:
>>>
>>> http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8692/modsmega.png
>>>
>>> I didn't remove the save_file/load_file because I dind't find that.
>>>
>>> And where are the ini files of megapov? I tried Tools>   Edit master, but this
>>> option doesn't exits.

>>> I didn't do any thing like that.
>>>

>>> Sorry to only post here today and sorry for my total ignorance in this area but
>>> as I said this is not my area.
>>>

>>> Do you have some explation or advice to show me why my render is with this
>>> little white points?
>>>

>>> Thanks for everybody
>>>

>> Do you talk about the white pixels on the table? Or you are talking
>> about the curves and circles on the printed board?
>>
>> On the tabble, it looks somewhat like a negative crand or stray, low
>> density, photons. It don't looks like it's a reflective surface, so, I
>> ruled out the reflection of a background.
>>
>> On the mother board:
>> It could be photons.
>> It could be a strange problem with the texture.
>>
>> Also, the texture on the top part of the metallic components is suspicious.
>>
>> If your scene does have photons, try disabling it by commenting out the
>> protons block in the global_settings.
>>
>> Check if you have any #default texture anywhere in your scene.
>>
>> You use radiosity, try adjusting the parameters, the light and dark
>> molting on the connectors are not supposed to be there. Do you use an
>> HDR light probe? How did you used it? (sample code please)
>>

>> Alain
>
> Hi,
> I've run into a similiar problem. I've managed to get everything working in
> povray 3.7, except that i get some weird white specks.
>
> These specks appear everywhere, but are most noticable on the main PCB. I've
> uploaded a small scene which produces these specks here:
> http://www.justgeek.de/stuff/povray/example.pov
> The hdr file ( http://www.justgeek.de/stuff/povray/kitchen_probe_lat.hdr ) is
> from http://ict.debevec.org/~debevec/Probes/ converted to a lat / long format
> using HDRshop.
>
> I've played around with the radiosity settings, but i always get the white
> specks.
> An example can be found here:
> http://www.justgeek.de/stuff/povray/example-5-3.png (warning, due to the specks
> this is 2.5 MB big)
>
> As far as i can tell, i don't have any photons, i have used high quality
> settings and there is no texture used for the board. I can't imagine that it is
> a reflection from the surroundings.
>
> Has anyone got an idea what could cause this?
>
> Bye,
> NsN

It could be coincident surfaces between the following plane:
plane{
   y, -10.0
-max(pcb_x_size,pcb_y_size)*abs(max(sin((pcb_rotate_x/180)*pi),sin((pcb_rotate_z/180)*pi)))
   texture{T_Chrome_2D
     normal{waves 0.1 frequency 3000.0 scale 3000.0}
     }
   translate<0,0,0>
}

and some other elements.

Try commenting out that plane and see what appens.

Alain