POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Dec 2010 17:29:40
Message: <4cfd63d4$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/12/2010 02:08 PM, Warp wrote:

>    Roger Ebert has famously stated that in his opinion video games can never
> be art.

As far as I can determine, "art" is anything excessively miserable or
unpleasent. (Therefore something depressing like Shakespear's Macbeth
would be considered "art", while the cheerful up-beat Crazy For You does
not.)

Similarly, anything excessively cryptic, bizare and/or pointless
qualifies as "modern art". (For, for example, if I spent the next 40
years becoming a master painter and I paint a stunning landscape, this
is not "modern art". If, however, I take a photograph of the dust at the
back of my cupboard, that is "modern art".)

In summary: Who gives a **** about what is or is not "art"? I care only
about what is or is not /enjoyable/.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/