POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: John VanSickle
Date: 6 Dec 2010 16:42:19
Message: <4cfd58bb$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/6/2010 4:23 PM, Darren New wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>> But since there can never be an objective reason for why one person's
>> subjective opinion should be regarded as superior to another's,
>
> I disagree this is as obvious as it sounds. That's precisely why we have
> experts to start with.

I wasn't referring to all opinions, merely subjective ones.  Clearly a
doctor's opinion on a medical issue is based on objective criteria (or
at least it is supposed to be).  But some of what Ebert might have to
say on a given work is reflective of tastes that we don't necessarily
share.  Why are his tastes superior to ours?

Regards,
John